Wednesday, 2 October 2013

It’s not a crisis sweetie, it’s a makeover

I reckon that I will live until 94 or there about’s. Much longer than that doesn't seem appealing. I can do without the excessive shitting of myself (highly probable), the drooling (likely) and the senility (pretty much there already).

Which means I am due for a mid-life crisis in 9 years time which illustrates that I am not going through one now. It’s what I like to refer to as a ‘pre-pre-mid-life-make-over’.

This follows on from my post the other day about working out who or what you want to be. Maybe it is just another transition in my life, maybe it is because I am spending a great deal of my time with 7yo’s who have very few inhibitions. 

Maybe, maybe. 

But like a rebellious teen I got my ear pierced again, there’s been more inking. More colour added to my wardrobe, my hair getting shorter and shorter with the clippers booked in for this week.

Maybe it’s because suits are a thing of the past. Maybe it’s because I don’t feel like a fraud around the boardroom table, wrongly believing I am out of my ill-educated depth. 

Maybe it’s because if there is a game of musical statues, goddammit you will dance like no one is watching and sing along like everyone is deaf. Maybe it’s the comfort from wearing trainers everyday spreading through me, maybe because I no longer feel I need approval.

Has this happened to you? Normal or just a bit laughable? 

Maybe, maybe not.

This is me, shit’s happening, things changing. I know things will continue to change but at the moment I feel like the best is yet to come.

Image source

12 comments:

  1. Such a cool post. I get it.. All that happened to me this year and last year too. Plus I turned 40 so I just contributed it to the fact that I may indeed be finally growing up. I wouldn't swap my 40's for my 20's in a billion years. I think I'm just starting to scratch the surface of understanding myself and life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks love - glad you enjoyed. It's cool when it clicks isn't it x

      Delete
  2. We definitely were on the same thought process with this post!! Love it!! http://www.averyblendedfamily.com/2013/10/do-you-respect-yourself.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Likewise - love your post! and god, that bag is awesome ; ) x

      Delete
  3. This is me Mrs S!

    I turn 45 next week and I feel younger than I did at 25.

    I have shed the suit for jeans and really cool Jimmy Choo white shoes, I look back and think of all the time wasted and then I think it is good I have done that as I know where I don't want to go ever again.

    Not sure if I will ever ink but I am tempted.

    I have reached a sort of nirvana state of satisfaction that I cannot explain easily maybe I can now say "I have lived a beautiful life"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are like twins aren't we. Sounds like you are in a great place, also we dont know what we have now if we dont have anything to compare it to
      However, white shoes?! Jimmy Choo or not there's no place for white shoes ; )

      Delete
  4. Love this !! I'm in my late 30's now and always thought of 40 as the scary age....but its so not. I am happier than I've ever been. I love me more than I ever have. I feel more myself than I ever have. I probably don't look as good as I did when I was in my 20's but back then I couldn't even look in the mirror without thinking of myself as disgusting...now I think I look bloody great!
    Sometimes I feel a wee bit sad that it took me so long to feel this confidence in myself. But no point in regrets. Every stupid thing I have ever done (and there are a few and then some) has led me to this point where I have an awesome life and am totally content.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. M - I'm loving what you are saying, sad how it self appreciation comes so late in life, after experiences (not mistakes)..... but I know you are fabulous! x

      Delete
  5. I love this.

    I'm not quite there yet, but I'm closer than I have ever been. I look at recent years and I am so much happier and SURER than I ever have been before.

    I'd put it down to finally leaving a decade of babyhood behind, but actually I think it is more about me than them.

    Hence Phoenix and all ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phoenix and all - totally geddit. Might have something also to do with we are probably to healthiest we have ever been thanks to OM etc xx

      Delete
  6. Its not a mid life crisis until you buy a Porsche with a toy boy in the passenger seat. It sounds like its just a bit of a spruce up - have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks - a porsche you say.....hhhmmmm. Will remember that for 9years time ; )

    ReplyDelete

Hey there, what do you think? x